Monday, April 14, 2008

Chapter 12: Make Every Minute Count

Although short, I thought this chapter had a lot of information in it. On page 282 I like her list of "Secrets of Good Writers." Something that will be very easy to follow.

I agree with her on getting to know your students & letting her students get to know you. It is very important that our students feel that they know you & trust you.

Last but not least, we have to have our own life outside of school. I think nowadays teachers need to take this to heart. It seems like a lot of teachers get burned out easily & either don't enjoy their job or turn to something else.

3 comments:

Brenda Dunning said...

I know that just in the last 3 years(out of 22 years) I have put my family's activities first. I still feel I fulfill all of my professional responsibilities, but I am happier and feel less guilty, which in turn transfers to my classroom.

Nancy said...

Amanda, your blog is almost identical to my blog. Time for family, making connections with students, and Secrets of Good Writers, are all things I thought were highlights in this chapter. Great minds think alike!:)

Bernetta said...

I too liked the list of secrets that Reggie provided. I completely agree with you about getting bogged down with school work outside of school. Sometimes we have to remind ourselves that we can only do so much and we are only human. :0)